PV-1 Ventura 1/48
Scale: 1/48 | Wingspan: 16.5 inches | Length: 12.75 inches
The PV-1 began to be delivered in December 1942 and entered service in February 1943. The first squadron in combat was VP-135, deployed in the Aleutian Islands in April 1943. They were operated by three other squadrons in this theatre. From the Aleutians, they flew strikes against Paramushiro, a Japanese island. Often, PV-1s would lead B-24 bomber formations, since they were equipped with radar. The PV-1 left military service following the end World War II, supplanted by more advanced patrol craft, such as the P2V Neptune.
This handcrafted model is painted in the same paint scheme as the original and is painstakingly built from Philippine mahogany by our skilled craftsmen. Perfect as a gift for any aviation enthusiast and history buff!